.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Oh The Places You'll Go!

We went, we saw, we came back. We were gone for less than 48 hours, and spent 28 of them traveling. Isn't it funny how all airports basically look the same, smell the same, and have the same food? I can't complain though. We didn't have so much as a late flight the whole trip. I was still so tired last night that I fell asleep with the lights on in my bedroom, and didn't wake up and notice until about 5:00 a.m.

On the trip I finished the Monkey Socks. They are lovely, really lovely. I like them a lot. I haven't worn them yet because they are not yet dry. That's the consequence of using medium weight Socks That Rock and having no air circulation in the house because it's too warm for the furnace to come on. It was 85 degrees yesterday when I came home from work. I really can't believe that it's already way too hot. It's also spring. The peach tree has leaves, the maple leaves have unfurled and the weeping cherry tree is blossoming. I promise to post pictures as soon as I can.

I also started a new project: the Target Wave Mittens from the Fall 2006 IK. I knit one mitten up Sunday evening. A fast knit. I'm using Debbie Bliss tweed yarn that I picked up on sale back in November or December. I think this may be my first Dulaan project. I haven't cast on for the second mitten yet but that's because we've been cleaning the house in preparation for my in-laws visit. They will be here probably tomorrow night. So, I've been rather busy lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf