.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Reason Why All of My Projects Are In Time Out

This is Sheldon the Turtle from Knitty:



I knit this for a friend's baby (only six or seven months after the birth.) I've been meaning to knit it for a while now, but just got around to it. I actually enjoyed making this project, except for one thing. The shell is supposed to be attached to the shell attachment piece (the harness apparatus) with an attached I-Cord edging. Now, I hate attached I-Cord. I think it pretty much sucks to knit the same stitch three times. However, I am willing to do it if a pattern calls for it. On this project I. Could. Not. Get. It . To. Work. I ripped and re-knit at least five times and simply could not get it right. Finally, I gave up and whip-stitched the shell to the edging. See:




I'm glad that he's done and he's cute. I may even make this again. But I won't even attempt the I-Cord edging.

3 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Romi said...

Annoying to make perhaps, but way way cute! :)

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger John Hanscom said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Now I really want to make one! Maybe put a bell inside for a rattle?? Hmmm... yours is SO cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf