.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Melon is Finished!

It feels like forever since I've blogged. I have accomplished much in that time though. First, I finished my Melon Shawl. It went from this:



To this:





Okay, so, first: use a provisional cast on for both the center panel and the border if you're planning to make this shawl. It will make attaching the border and grafting together the two ends of the border easier. Second. I love this border. I think it provides the perfect counterpoint to the very curvy, circular center panel. Third, I am really looking forward to wearing this shawl.

Knitting this shawl really did start to get to me a little, especially near the end of the center panel. There wasn't really enough going on with the pattern to keep me from getting bored. Nonetheless, I recommend this shawl. I think it would actually be a good project for a beginning lace knitter, as long as you follow the instructions on making the melon stitch. It's really very easy, and not terribly fiddly.

After I finished the Melon Shawl, I cast on for a new project. The Gentleman's Socks with Lozenge Pattern from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks for Stephen:



I'm using Lorna's Laces Shepherd's Sock in Cedar (a solid green-grey color) and I'm loving it. Just loving it. I love the yarn, love the pattern and am just really enjoying knitting another pair of socks.

2 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Romi said...

Yay! Congrats on finishing! Do we get pics of it on? :)

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Moni said...

your melon shawl is absolutely gorgeous! hmmm. maybe I will tackle that one soon..after I do a couple of the easy lace projects first :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf