.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Random Saturday

I'm sorry about the lack of pictures. It seems to be a blogger issue, since the pictures were visible after I posted them, then not. So, I'm going to post them again:





If you still can't see them, they are also posted at victorianlacealong.blogspot.com. On with the randomness now.

1. I set a case for trial this week. First time I've ever done that.

2. I got a kite yesterday from a former client. He just wanted to say thank you.

3. I wore my Melon Shawl several times last week. It's fabulous. It's drapey, and warm because of the wool content.

4. I finished the first Lozenge Pattern sock. It fits Stephen like a glove.

5. I covet Mountain Colors cashmere yarn in Ladyslipper. I want some now.

6. I also covet Lorna's Laces Shepherd's Sock in solid colors. I want some for my own socks.

Now, some non-random thoughts on the Lozenge sock pattern. I like it. The pattern is logical and therefore easily memorized. It's interesting, but not too fussy. It's perfect for a man's sock because it's not too frilly, or lacy, or fussy. It's also perfect for a woman's sock because it's interesting without being overwhelming. I like the nice little touches in the pattern, like the purl border between the top-of-foot and bottom-of-foot stitches. I also like the nice little touches in the book, Knitting Vintage Socks. I like the fact that there is an introductory section on the history of Weldon's and the socks in the book. I like the fact that the book has a range of patterns, including interesting men's patterns that are more than plain stockinette. I like the fact that the the book is bound so that it will lay flat on a surface. My one and only gripe about the book is in the photography. Personally, I like it when books have close up pictures of stitch patterns in addition to full photos of the finished project. Some of the pictures seem like they were taken too far away from the sock so that the stitch pattern is not clear.

1 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Moni said...

Oh my goodness! It's really beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf