.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Thursday, March 15, 2007

About Those Cables...

I fully intended to publish pictures of my Bayerische-Sock-In-Progress today, but Blogger has conspired against me. It won't let me upload pictures at the moment.

Okay, so, about the cables. I'm sure that if you've looked at the pictures of the Bayerische sock you've probably thought to yourself "gee, that's a lot of cabling in a sock" and "huh, I wonder how she did that without going completely insane." Both of which are perfectly reasonable thoughts. When I sat down to swatch this pattern I had the same thoughts running through my head. Then I actually read the pattern and realized that all of the cables and twisted stitches are worked without a cable needle. At first I decided that I was not going to do it because I hate the idea of having all of those stitches waving in the breeze, so to speak. Then I attempted to work the cables the old fashioned way, with a cable needle. Then I realized that was completely jackass and gave in to the wonder that is cabling without a cable needle. I can't really explain it. Really, all I can say is that if you follow the instructions, everything will be okay. In fact, it will be fabulous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf