.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Random Thursday

I watched Guys and Dolls for the first time (with Frank Sinatra and Marlon Brando.) You should too. Frank and Marlon are young and well-proportioned and it's just generally sort of fantastic in a very cheesy musical kind of way.

I am knitting very slowly along on my dolphin lace scarf. Slowly, for a couple of reasons. First, I've been really tired (as usual.) Second, I temporarily lost one of my knitting needles. I left it out on the vanity and one of the household felines knocked it onto the floor.

I finally saw the graffiti on our garage door. Clown smiley face. Nice.

Back to the scarf. It's in garter stitch. I'm not really a big fan of garter stitch. I prefer the smoothness of stockinette knitting. Really, the only advantage to garter stitch is that it's reversible. I am liking the scarf in spite of this though. And, I'm loving the yarn. It really combines the best qualities of wool and silk. The silk content gives the yarn a kind of sheen, but the wool content provides flexibility that would otherwise be lacking.

I joined the Victorian Lace Today Knitalong (at victorianlacealong.blogspot.com.) Since I'm working on my second pattern from the book I figured that I might as well. And I've already found some good advice over there. And lovely pictures. One complaint that I have heard about the book is that there are no close up full sized pictures of the projects. The knit along site is a good place to find some lovely pictures of finished objects.

I've struck up a lively email correspondence with my niece and am very pleased with myself. In addition, she wants to learn to knit!

1 Comments:

At 5:12 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Looking forward to some pics of the new lace project! It's great your niece wants to learn to knit- I think I'll be able to teach my nephew when he's 5, if he's still as interested as he is now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf