.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Sunday, March 04, 2007

What Do You Do When Your Purse Sags?

You felt it. So that's what I did. I took the punk rock purse that I made last summer . Unfortunately, after about eight months of use it sagged. A lot. The sag factor really hampered its usefulness. It was also dirty. So, I decided that since it needed a good wash anyway it was time to felt it. This is something I've been thinking about doing for quite a while and it just seemed like the best time to do it. So, I emptied it out and threw it in the washing machine in hot water on the heavy duty setting. I washed it twice. By that time the bag had shrunk down quite a bit overall and the stitch definition was pretty much lost. The colored portions actually felted more than the white portions of the bag. I don't know why. After I had felted it I removed the lining (which was now too big and unnecessary, and I sewed the zipper back in. I really like it. It's not too small and it has so much more structure to it now:



I've put all the stuff back in it, and given it a bit of a shave. I'm just very pleased with myself. I've also worked several more repeats of the Dolphin Lace scarf. It's definitely coming along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf