.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Life, the Universe, Everything

I've been reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy anthology. Very funny. Anyway, I'm currently working on two different projects: my Alpine Scarf from Victorian Lace Today and a little pattern of my own. I've decided to finish up the Alpine Scarf first though. I've been working on this project for at least a year, I think. I bought a skein of Jaggerspun Zephyr from my LYS quite a while ago in a soft pink called "Coral." I saw lots of pinky colored alpine shawls all over the internets and decided that's what I would use it for, so I cast on. I worked and worked and worked at it until I wanted to cut my hands off. Then I ran out of yarn. That solved the problem momentarily. I actually didn't knit for a while after that. Months. Had to take a little hiatus.

Then in October I picked my knitting up again. I knit a Backyard Leaves Scarf for myself. I finished another scarf I had been working on from VLT, it's the Double Border Scarf with Diamond Borders. It's worked in Rowan Kid Silk Haze that I bought myself for my birthday last year. This was my first experience with Kid Silk Haze and I really love this yarn. I wasn't sure that I was going to enjoy working lace in the fuzzy mohair and I thought it might make my neck itch. I found the yarn fairly easy to work with and now that it's done the mohair provides this very warm halo around my neck when I wear it. It's beautiful. I also made myself a pair of Endpaper Mitts and just generally got my knitting mojo back.

Unfortunately, I wasn't ready to pick up the Alpine Scarf again yet. I ordered more yarn to finish it and when it arrived I stashed it in my basket, waiting patiently. Finally this last week I picked up the scarf again. I knit a few rows. Got a little discouraged when I realized that I wasn't as far along as I had thought I was. Put it down. Picked it up again a couple of days later. Now I'm back on the horse. The pattern is very pretty. I have six more center repeats to knit before starting on the end border. Once this is done and blocked it's going to be spectacular.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf