.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Monday, December 08, 2008

I'm Remembering Now....

I started reknitting my Lotus Blossom Tank last night. I am adding a lace repeat before I start the bust area because I think it will be more flattering. Anyway, I had forgotten how many stitches 230 is in a round, I had forgotten how heavy the cotton is, and I had forgotten how irritating it can be when you screw up a lace pattern but don't realize until 340 stitches later. Ugh. I ended up tinking back to almost where I started back up again. I'm still hopeful about this project though. It looks so pretty in the magazine! And on several fellow Ravelers.

Have I mentioned that I am obsessed with Ravelry? I am. Totally. I love it.

I am currently in the middle of several projects. Very unlike me. I have the Mermaid Mitts, Alpine Lace Shawl, Thuja socks and Lotus Blossom Tank. Plus I have about twenty things in my queue in Ravelry. It's a bit of a knitting renaissance here at Chez Burns. I'm really itching to start another sweater or sweater-like project, but that requires a large investment in yarn and I don't know when I'll be in a position to make that happen. Two projects are really at the top of my mind though: Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style (I want to make it in Silk Garden) and the Mirapoix Bodice from Interweave Knits.

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Frolics and Detours said...

I'm eventually going to do the Lady Eleanor -- entrelac is fun. I love the Mirapoix bodice. This past weekend I was checking it out on Ravelry. Now I just need to learn how to fair isle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf