.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Trellis Scarf



Pattern: Trellis Scarf, Spring '06 IK
Yarn: Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Tide Pool, 1 skein
Needles: Size 5 straights
Mods: None

As I have mentioned already in this space, this pattern requires you to make "7 into 5 clusters." This is executed by knitting together 7 stitches, not dropping them from the needle, then performing: yarn over, knit 7 together, yarn over, knit 7 together again before dropping the stitches from the needle. This is a total pain in the ass on many levels. By the end of the scarf I figured out that if you purl back the previous row (rows 8 and 16) very, very, very loosely it is less crazy making but it still sucks. Unless you like doing this kind of thing, I would suggest not making this pattern.

The end product is pretty. It is a pattern of interlocking diamonds. This scarf is going to be a christmas present for my friend Mary. I hope she likes it because I am never knitting this again. The finished product is about 58" long, and 12" wide.

I now have just two more christmas presents to knit and then I can get back to other projects, like the Lotus Blossom Tank. Speaking of which, I couldn't figure out why my new repeat of the lace pattern wasn't lining up properly with the previous repeats. Then I realized that hadn't ripped back past the decrease row. The problem was that there were less stitches than what the lace pattern required. So I ripped back a few more rows and have started over again. This time the lace pattern is lining up properly and I am happier. I just hope it fits right this time. Otherwise I will have to send it to someone that I think will be able to wear it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf