.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Inch by Inch



We're currently experiencing what I'm calling "shit snow 2008." Basically, we've received inches and inches, some of them adding up to multiple feet, of snow over the last day and a half. My little residential street will be lucky to see a snow plow before spring. My snow removal tool of choice? My neighbor's snow blower. My actual snow removal tool? A fucking shovel. My office was closed today (as was the courthouse as a whole.) That leaves me some time to blog and knit.

On the Christmas knitting front, I have finished the first of Stephen's two socks. I feel that he should have smaller feet if I'm going to knit for them. I have also had another christmas request, that I will fulfill. Another cell phone cozy. It will be simple. At this point I am one size 10 men's sock and a cell phone cozy away from knitting freedom. Hallelujah. Since I always have to reinvent the wheel when knitting for Stephen, I would like to memorialize my sock recipe for his feet. I cast on 68 stitches on size 1 needles in Opal Magic yarn, knit for several inches, then turn the heel, then knit until the foot is 8 inches long, then decrease every other round until there are 24 total stitches left (12 top, 12 bottom) and kitchener the toe shut. These fit his feet perfectly. I made him try the first one on to make sure.

I also have a picture of the Bijouterie earrings I made for my friend Lori for Christmas. I sealed them into an envelope today but we will see when they go out. I don't think we got mail service today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf