.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Lotus Blossom Tank and Other Finished Objects


I finished knitting the Lotus Blossom Tank.

Project Stats:

Pattern: Lotus Blossom Tank from the Summer 2006 IK
Yarn: El. D. Mouzakis Butterfly Super 10
Needles: Size 6 and Size 5, clover bamboo

Let me explain my mods for the reknit. As I have said before the bust line, basically everything from the lace up was always too big for me. The top would flop open to reveal my entire boobular area. Not a good look on anyone. So my objective in reknitting the tank was always to fix that. From noodling around on ravelry I determined that a lot of people had added a lace repeat to the bottom portion of the tank and had knit the bust smaller than the bottom. That's what I did, I added a lace repeat, which was really a good call. I didn't know it until I had knit the extra repeat, but not only was the tank too big on top, the proportion was off. Making the bottom longer fixed that problem. I also added an eyelet round below the bust line in the garter stitch ridge before you begin the bust knitting. I plan to run a ribbon through it so that I can cinch that portion below the bust, thereby accentuating the smallest part of my torso. I knit the size 38" inch bust for the bottom, but decreased to and knit the 33 1/2" bust size for the bust. I had some misgivings about this since my bust is larger than 33 inches, but I kind of did it on faith. I figured that 38" was way too big and knitting stretches. It turns out that I did the right thing. I don't have photographic evidence yet since the tank is taking it's sweet time drying (it's been on the floor in front of the heater vent since yesterday morning) but it fits me nicely now. Not perfect, but nicely. This is a garment that I will wear come summer. And enjoy.

It also occurred to me that I hadn't blogged pictures of my Bijouterie earrings.




I plan to keep the upper pair, and give away the lower.

Lastly, I also finished Stephen's Christmas Socks.



Another pair of Thuja socks, made in Opal Magic yarn. They fit him perfectly and he's been wearing them for two days now.

2 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger velmalikevelvet said...

*lurve* those earrings!!

they're in my queue...

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Monique said...

Very nice job on your Lotus!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf