.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Monday, December 29, 2008

Lady Eleanor

First, here are the beautiful, finished Lotus Blossom Tank pictures:



Now, let's talk about my project. Lady Eleanor. I have been wanting to make this project for a long time. And, after looking at the projects on Ravelry, I decided that I wanted to make it with Silk Garden. I knew this would be expensive. On Saturday I bought 10 skeins of Silk Garden in Color 292. It's a mix of navy blue, grey, white, purple, merlot, fuschia and gold. I am completely enchanted with it. This is also my very first entrelac project. After noodling around on the web for a little while I found a blog with good pictures and I figured it out pretty quickly. This pattern is knitting up really quickly. I'm using size 9 needles and I've finished Tier 19 (of 35.) I also taught myself to knit backwards so that I never have to turn the work. This is a real time and frustration saver when you're working a series of 8 x 8 squares over and over and over again.


1 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger Moz said...

It looks perfect on you. Your adjustments really make a flattering difference. Thanks so much for the notes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf