.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Thoughts of an Evening

I tried on my reconstructed WIP Lotus Blossom Tank. And? It fits. More or less. Now, instead of having a bust that flops open continuously because it's too big, I have a bust line that will be very close fitting. I think in a good way. I'm pretty thrilled about it since that means that I have not ripped and reknit only to rip again. I am now a little worried about running out of yarn but I believe that I have part of a ball tucked away somewhere. If I don't, then the yarn I used is pretty common and I should be able to get more. Currently, I'm working on the back of the tank which means that I have about 25% of the tank to go.

After this, I have one more WIP: my Alpine lace shawl from Victorian Lace Today. I'm mostly done with that as well. After that, what will I knit? I've been carefully considering what to do with the leftover sock yarn from Donna's Mermaid Mitts. I have one skein plus a smallish size ball left over. I think I might be able to squeeze out a pair of socks for myself. However, I think it might be wiser to make myself a pair of Mermaid Mitts since I know I have enough yarn for that and I want a pair of my own. Plus I don't want to run out of yarn for my socks. I realized recently that I have reached a milestone with my sock knitting. I have enough pairs of handknit socks that I can wear handknits every day of the week, and then some. It's fabulous. I also noticed that I only have a few pairs where I didn't run out of yarn before the end or that weren't constructed from oddballs. That's because it took me a while to accept the fact that it really does take two skeins of most sock yarns to create a pair of socks and because I often buy yarn to make gift socks then use the odd balls for my own. The next pair of socks that I make, I want them to be made from fabulous sock yarn, all one colorway.

I also really want to go yarn shopping. Seriously, it's been a while. The last yarn I bought was the Shibui Knits sock yarn for the mermaid mitts, but before that, well it's been a long time. I want to make the Flutter Sleeve Cardigan from the fall Interweave Knits and I want to make Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style. I have yarns in mind for both. For the cardigan, Knitpicks Shine Sport in chocolate brown. I think it will look very nice. And for Lady Eleanor I want to use Silk Garden. An expensive proposition.

I hope that you all have a Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah and brilliant new year filled with food, friends, and love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf