.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Alpine Shawl, Finished




I finished my Alpine Shawl.

Project Stats:

Pattern: Alpine Knit Scarf from Victorian Lace Today
Yarn: Fiddlesticks Knitting Zephyr Wool Silk in Coral, 1.5 balls
Needles: Size 4 straights
Mods: Omitted two center pattern repeats at the end because of sheer boredom
Finished Size: 72" long and 19" wide.

I have been knitting this shawl for a long time. I started it because I thought it would be beautiful in the yarn. I started and stopped several times because it just wasn't grabbing my attention. I turned my attention to other things, like spinning and other knitting projects. I knit until I ran out of yarn. I waited a couple of months. I ordered more yarn. Eventually it arrived. I was in the middle of other projects. Finally I picked it back up again. And. I finished it. It was a long knit for me. I continue to be enamored of the yarn (I have 1.5 balls left now.) I really love the way that the zephyr is both warm but also very soft and delicate, and I love the way it catches the light.

I have already worn this a few times. I wear it like a scarf, but it is also a beautiful wrap. I just love it. In my next post I will talk about my other projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf