.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Monday, March 19, 2007

11,000 Stitches Down, 10,335 To Go

I finished my first Bayerische sock yesterday.





I really like it. I was worried that I would encounter the same sizing problem that I had with my Pomotamus Socks (which are also worked in a twisted rib pattern) but I seem to have alleviated much of that. My Pomotamus Socks suffer from a certain amount of sag in the heel. With these socks, there is just the hint of a dimple right above where the heel flap starts, but totally wearable. I'm glad that i went with my instincts, which were to cast on 60 stitches, then increase proportionally for the leg. I then decreased back to 60 stitches when I started working the heel flap, and worked the foot over 60 stitches since I eliminated two of the cabled motifs on the foot.

One consequence of sizing these socks for a smaller foot is that I took out some of the cabled portions. I intended to put in smaller cables, but couldn't quite figure out how to do that and retain the ribbing. So I scrapped it. While I think the cables would have looked great on the socks, I'm please with my decision.

1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Annie said...

WOW. Very impressive! You have some serious sock talent!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf