.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Two-Toned Socks, and More





















I finished my Embossed Leaf Socks. As you can see above, I decided that I would rather have finished socks than socks made from the same yarn throughout. So I bought another skein of Lorna's Laces yesterday in the "mixed berries" colorway and finished them. Now, I know that some of you out there would be endlessly bothered by a finished project that was as incongruous as my socks. But I'm not. In fact, I actually like the effect. Since I only have one two-toned sock in the pair there's no way I could pass this off as done "on purpose" but I still like it. And I love the socks. I really like the way the pattern looks and I love the Lorna's Laces. In fact, these socks are on the blocking towel in the extra room right now.

Project Stats:
Pattern: Embossed Leaf Socks, Winter IK
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in "Jeans" and "Mixed Berry"
Needles: US size 2
Mods: Reduced length of foot by one pattern repeat (1 1/2 "?), worked them on four dpns throughout

Interesting thing. These socks are actually the right size, which really surprises me. I reduced the circumference of my mom's socks because I thought they would be too big for her otherwise, but did not do the same for mine. And they fit. I did reduce the length of the foot, but that was necessary as I have freakishly small feet. Also, I should mention that one of my size 2 needles met its demise during this project, as a result of an unfortunate husband-stepping-on-project-bag incident. This is going on his permanent record. They're my favorite sock needles. Luckily, I still have four left, and since I only use four at a time, he's been forgiven. Forgiven but not forgotten.

Also above, progress on Manly. That's the back, worked up to just past the armhole decreases where I was forced to stop so I can wind another hank of yarn into a ball. Oh joy. I hate that part as I do not own a ball winder. I need a ball winder people!

Oh, and lastly, I feel that I should tell you all that our good friends Kevin and Emily are coming next week to visit us. Kevin works here. We love them and they are coming which means that we must clean over here. We must clean and clean and clean. I hate cleaning and so am very stressed. Please disregard any absolutely insane postings here later in the week. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf