.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Lasagne!





















Okay, so this is a little off topic, but I made a fucking fantastic lasagne on Thursday night. And we ate it with a little Townshend Vortex Red. It was really, really good. As you can see Stephen and I devoured half of it just between the two of us. I used the recipe from the original Moosewood Cookbook (the one with the hand lettering and illustrations by Molly Katzen) and added the optional spinach. Very, very good. There's just something about a dish that combines three different types of cheese (parmesan, mozzarella and cottage) and pasta that really makes me happy. The organic roasted pepper tomato sauce didn't hurt either.

And for all of you wondering where you can buy the Townshend, I'm sorry to say that I'm pretty sure it's only available in the Spokane area at this time. The guy lives right outside of town and actually makes the wine in his basement, I think. Or maybe in a little shed on the property. We're talking seriously small batches and a work of love at this point though. But he makes awesome wine and if someone out there has seen it outside eastern washington, I would love to know about it. I just really hope that he makes enough money to start marketing outside the area soon. If you're interested pop over to his website here.

Oh, and while I'm talking about wine, Stephen and I have a good friend who works for a wine shop in Corvallis Oregon. Their website is herePosted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf