.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Finished Objects, All with Slight Imperfections
































Pattern: Rib and Cable Mitts Spring IK
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, dark pink and light pink
Needles: Size 3
Mods: None

Well, I like them a lot. They're soft, they fit, they're warm. Unfortunately the dark pink one (on the right) is slightly shorter than the light pink one. I miscounted when I knitted the second one and made it longer accidentally. But I still really like them. I plan to wear them while knitting in my basement (where it's ridiculously cold.)



















This is the last pair of baby socks. As you can see, I finished the second toe with the "blue jeans" colorway of Lorna's Laces. They're the Chevron Lace Socks. I don't mind the blue toe. I figure it's just one of those things that is. Like pooling, for instance. Not the kind of thing that will bother me.

Now, I'm working on a pair of Embossed Leaf Socks (Winter IK) in the blue jeans colorway for myself. I'm also planning my next big project. I'm thinking it will be the Manly Sweater from sNb for Stephen. He does totally support my yarn habit so I would like to make something nice for him. My other projects that are waiting in the wings? Another Sharfik for my sister, the trellis scarf from spring IK, and the simply lace socks from spring IK. I did buy some yarn this week, including some baby ull and a skein of handpainted bamboo yarn. I think all will be wonderful things. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf