.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Thursday, March 09, 2006

A Little Bit of Jane in My Life






















Attendance has been a bit spotty here this week, due to three circumstances. First, I'm getting sick (which impairs my ability to move off of the couch after work.) Second, I needed to take pictures of the sock and I didn't have the energy to do it. Three, I've been, well, reading. Blasphemy, I know.


Reading is my first love though. On Sunday I picked up Pride and Prejudice and I couldn't put it down. I finally finished it at about 12:00 a.m. and went to bed. Then I picked up Emma last night and read the first 150 or so pages. I love bot of these books and have read them several times. I have also read Sense and Sensibility: several times, Persuasion: several times, Mansfield Park: once, and Northanger Abbey: once. To me, these books and the characters in them, are like old friends. Jane Austen presents her characters very well. They are all human, with human frailties and they all become better people over the course of the novel (all of her main characters anyway.) I just love these books nad I can, and do, read them over and over again.

But I digress. You're all here for the knitting, right? Well, here is my Embossed Leaf Sock and the start of the second sock. I know that I said in a previous post that the pattern was too fiddly. I take it back. I'm in love with the pattern once again AND I LOVE the TOE. I love the way it looks on my foot. I love the way it feels. It's just so PRETTY. And I love me some pretty things.

Also, on a sad note, I popped over to Eunny's blog and read that she frogged her argyle socks. Why, Eunny, why? I suppose that I may have to let go of the lust in my heart for them. Maybe. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf