.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Rib and Cable Mitts


















Alrighty. So. Yeah. I planned a lengthy post today about the baby socks and all that I have learned from them and so on and so forth. But then I decided that I was too fucking tired to actually type all that out and take the necessary pictures (Oh yeah, there will be pictures. Maybe even a small soapbox commentary.) Anyway, so instead I give you my current WIP. Rib and Cable Mitts from the Spring IK.

I know that I said that I was going to make the snowball's chance in hell armwarmers but I made a fatal mistake in pattern choice, you see. I didn't read the pattern first. When I did sit down (Monday night) to read it and start in, I realized that the chart pattern (snowflakes to skulls, very cool) is accomplished using duplicate stitch. I am not at all interested in working duplicate stitch. Just not interested. Of course, if I had thought about it I would have realized that the patterns must have been accomplished with duplicate stitch because how would you work intarsia in the round? There's probably a way but not one that I'm aware of. I did, for the record, try to figure out a way to work the intarsia in the round, but could not think of a way that did not make me want to scream. So I frogged all efforts and decided on something different.

Enter, the rib and cable mitts. They're easy. They cover my hands. I should be able to finish them with the stash yarn I had selected for the armwarmers (Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino for anyone who is interested) and I really like them. And it's my third official cable pattern. Yeah for me.

I'm finished with my first mitt already, and am currently at work on the second, using the light pink as the main color and the dark pink for the contrasting color. I think they're going to be uber cute. Also, I just have to say that the pattern is fantastic. The designer thought of everything. It makes perfect sense. You know how sometimes a pattern wants you to do something that seems completely unnecessary and unnecessarily complicated? Nothing of the sort here. This pattern rocks. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf