.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Monday, February 20, 2006

Baby Socks

What do we have here (aside from a messy ottoman)? Why, a ball of Lorna's Laces Shepherd's Sock in Girly Stripe and the beginnings of the x's and o's better than booties baby socks from the Summer '05 IK.

So, have I mentioned that I don't have a ball winder? I don't. Which means that I had to wind this ball of yarn by hand. What a pain in the ass. I really need a ball winder. Walking around the house with a hank of yarn hanging from one wrist, while wrapping a ball of yarn with both hands, and swearing the whole time at the tangles that inevitably develop is not my idea of fun.
In non-knitting news, Stephen and I went ice skating last night. It was so much fun. I never learned how to ice skate, and the last time I was on ice skates, the second of two times in my whole life up until yesterday, was five years ago. So it was a learning experience for me. It was mighty fun though. The best part? The cute kids skating circles around me, sometimes literally. The worst part? Cute kids skating circles around me who weren't always watching where they were going and who assumed that I knew how to stop. I don't. This lead to some falling on my ass to avoid cute little kids. Also, to the mom who spent the last 30 minutes of the public skate time telling her kids to "SKATE TOWARDS ME. HOLD HANDS. COME RIGHT AT ME. DO IT AGAIN.": Please stop doing that. Not only were your kids totally tired of posing halfway into the first pose, that fact was apparent to everyone who had to SKATE AROUND THE TRAFFIC JAM YOU WERE CREATING FOR THE LAST 30 MINUTES OF THE PUBLIC SKATE. Okay, I'm done now. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf