.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

An Ode to Shepherd Sock

Lorna's Laces Shepherds Sock, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

1. I love the way you are so tightly spun that your plies hold together with a stick togetherness heretofore unmatched by any other yarn I have experienced

2. I love the way you are not *too* tightly spun so as to make knitting with you a pain in my ass and exercise in patience

3. I love your sheen

4. I love the fact that there is no pooling when knitting on size 0 needles, 45 stitches to a round

5. I love the way you only cost me half of my mortgage payment and not the whole thing

6. I love the fact that there are literally hundreds of different colorways to choose from

7. I love the way you feel in my hands as I knit you up

8. I love the fact that when I knit with you the stitch definition you provide makes me seem like the world's best knitter, even if it isn't true

I love, love, love you. I must go now. It's time to decide which family heirlooms I'm going to sell so that I can afford more of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf