.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Friday, February 24, 2006

It's a Random Day

It’s Friday, but it’s not really Friday because I have to go to my sister’s over the weekend. I am happy to go because I haven’t seen her in a couple of months and she’s ginormously pregnant, but I do hate traveling over the pass in the winter. For one thing, it’s been snowing like crazy over Stevens Pass and they just cleaned up two avalanches. I’m actually starting to hyperventilate a little just thinking about it.


You know the way some people are about flying? The anxiety and panic? The need for narcotics? That’s me when it comes to driving in the snow and ice. Even when I’m not the one driving. I’m actually considering bringing the one valium that’s clinking around in my medicine cabinet just in case I really need it. And I might.


Since I won’t be in town over the weekend there will be no posting here for a couple of days. Of course, there will be knitting. I am almost finished with the ruffled rib baby socks, and hope to start on the Chevron lace socks either tonight or tomorrow. It's a five hour drive both ways. I'm very excited about that. I will also be bringing along my next planned project, the snowflakes to skulls armwarmers from the AntiCraft. By the way, have been to the AntiCraft? They’re fairly new and pretty bitter but I like them. To shake things up a bit I plan to make the armwarmers with some Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, using light pink as the main color, and dark pink for the snowflakes/skulls patterns. I know, it’s not very AntiCraft-y but I do like pink. A lot.


Speaking of pink, I just want to say that I absolutely COVET with an Unholy Lust the argyle socks that Eunny of See Eunny Knit is making. (I just needed to get that off my chest) The main reason for the Lust in My Evil Little Heart? The colors. That pink with that green? I want to lick the computer screen whenever I go over there. And the fact that they are knee socks? Be still my (black) heart.


And lastly, on things my little black heart desires: More Lorna’s Laces Shepherds Sock. I NEED more. Really. Okay, maybe not. But just try to stop me from buying more anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf