.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Just Call Me Rip Van Winkle

Well, it's been almost four months now. I've decided to return. Slowly. The last time I started a post I didn't finish it and it never got published (I'm sure it's still here somewhere in draft form.) Since it's been so long I will give you all a short run down of what I've been up to, in order of greatest time-suck:

1. Work

2. Work

3. Work

4. Finding new ways to "create" space for everything we own in half the space that we normally utilize for that purpose.

5. Waiting for the contractor to finish the basement so that I can move my stuff back into it.

6. Knitting

7. Sewing

I also went on a 10 day vacation to Alaska in August. I hope to actually upload some of those pictures and post them sometime in the future. We split our time there between Stephen's brother's house outside of Anchorage and Fairbanks. If you don't know Fairbanks is located about 100 miles south of the Arctic Circle and it was beautiful in August. It didn't really get dark until about midnight, and then the sun rose again a few hours later. I did manage to procure some qiviut, which is exquisite, and got to see the musk ox at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks. There is a musk ox farm there. They are huge and quite smelly.

I've also knitted some scarves, and some socks, and I'm currently working on the Alpine Lace Scarf from Victorian Lace Today. I've also sewed new curtains for almost every room in my house. It's nice.

2 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger John Hanscom said...

Welcome back. I've missed the updates on you and Steve, though Kevin updates me from time to time. Had you been to Alaska before?

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger brewerburns said...

No.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf