.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Sunday, February 04, 2007

How About Them Bears?

Okay, really I'm not watching the Superbowl because I'm up here blogging instead. Stephen and I went and saw Pan's Labyrinth today. There are only things you should know about this movie:

1. You should go see it.

2. It is not kid friendly.

3. You should go see it.

4. It is very violent.

5. You should go see it.

6. Ofelia's stepfather is a nazi. Literally. It took me about a half an hour before I figured that out.

7. You should go see it.

8. This movie is basically the bastard child of Schindler's List and Lord of the Rings.

9. It is the brainchild of Guillermo Del Toro.

10. You should go see it.

I also finished my Kew socks and they fit perfectly.




I love them and I wore them to the movies today. My next project? Latvian Mittens. For me. In Drops Alpaca, white and pink, Chart 53 in Latvian Mittens by Lizbeth Upitis. I swatched last night and am currently transferring the chart to graph paper so that I can figure out the math.

4 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Blogger John Hanscom said...

Re: the movie - yes, but should we go see it?

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger brewerburns said...

Definitely.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Those socks are amazing. My friend wanted to see Pan's, and I was too scared. I'm a wimp. Should the wimpy avoid it? Seriously- I get scared really easily!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger brewerburns said...

There are a few torture scenes. notably, at the beginning of the movie the Captain (Ofelia's stepfather) beats a man to death with a bottle of liquor. I closed my eyes during the torture scenes because they really upset me and make me have anxiety attacks (plus I don't really need to carry around that visual in my brain.) I still think the whimpy should go see it though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf