.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Shit.

1. I missed my blog-a-versary. January 24. I've been blogging faithfully for a year.

2. I stayed up until 2:00 a.m. last night and didn't roll my lazy self out of bed until 11:00 this morning. I haven't done that in years.

3. I dreamed about the new job all night long. And Friday night. One dream after another.

4. I finished up the wide bordered scarf (page 96, Victorian Lace Today) last night.



I haven't blocked it yet. This is what I have left over from the skein of sea silk:



Not too bad. Not enough left to do anything with, but not so much left that I feel guilty about it. And if I ever need to fix the scarf, I will have a little sea silk to do it with.

5. After I finished up the scarf, I started working in earnest on Kew. This is what I have so far:



6. I discovered through the magic of google analytics that this here blog has been added to the list of public defender blogs over at pdstuff.blogspot.com. Who knew? Also, I'm apparently one of three blogs written by public defenders that are primarily knitting blogs. Actually, that doesn't surprise me. Knitting seems like the perfect things to go with the practice of law.

7. I bought new clothes yesterday. Really expensive clothes. In other words, money that I would normally have spent on yarn I spent on clothes instead. Anyway, I found one pair of pants that don't ride up in the crotch and don't make me itch. Go Ralph Lauren! I also found a fabulous skirt. Really. It's appropriately lawyerly and yet also not hideously ugly. There were some other things too, like a wool dress shirt, but you get the idea.

8. You know? I think I'm done.

4 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Moni said...

Happy blogiversary!

Have your seen the "knit in the city" blog? I think she is also a public defender...

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Moni said...

I'm sorry, it was Knit AND the city:
http://knitandthecity.blogspot.com/

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also a PD in Spokane. But I think you are in the "other" office. Good Luck!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Very exciting stuff happening! I have a skein of big sea silk, meant to be wrist warmers and I just can't settle on a pattern!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf