.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Friday, September 22, 2006

Down the Rabbit Hole

Me: So, what, you asked the Dalai Lama to make you one with everything?
Stephen: Yeah, and he gave me a fucking hot dog.
_______________________________________________________
I was over reading Savage Love today and one of his readers wrote in about some guy who posed as a "kinky" woman on Craigslist, and then posted the pictures, real names, real addresses, real places of business, real phone numbers and real addresses of the men who replied to the ad. What an asshole. You all have probably already heard of this, but I hadn’t (because I live under a rock) and I’m appalled. Even more than that though, I’m equally appalled by the fact that the consensus among observers seems to be that the guy who posted the information was wrong to do so, but those sick fucks who replied to his ad deserve to be publicly shamed (and outed) because they’re disgusting "kinky" sex freaks. What is it about us (the collective American culture) that wants to shame people for their sexual proclivities? What qualifies us to judge others for what they do behind closed doors?

In knitting news, my friend received the socks in the mail, and loves them. Unfortunately they are a tad too long, but he thinks that they will adjust as he wears them. Of course, he also said that he can’t wear them because they’re too beautiful. Brings a tear to this knitter’s eye.

I also finished the first Falling Leaves sock. It’s lovely, but a little tight around the top, so when I get home tonight I’m going to undo the bindoff and then bind off again using a larger needle. I bind off too tightly if I’m not careful about it and I don’t want these socks to cut off my friend’s circulation.

My sister’s Mini-Clapotis is done blocking, and it is beautiful (tonight! pictures! I promise!) The silk scarf is still really wet, and I think is going to take some serious time to dry. It’s just so heavy in some places that I really think I may need to hang it on the line downstairs or something. It’s a good thing I’m done with it so early.

Lastly, I’ve decided to make my MIL the Backyard Leaves scarf from Scarf Style (by Annie Modesitt and I think possibly found in other places.) I plan to use some kind of orange colored yarn, since that is her favorite color, and I’m going for an autumn type of feel with it. I will have to buy yarn for this though. I don’t have an appropriate stash yarn, unfortunately.

2 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a "follow on" to the joke.

The person buying the hotdog gives a $20 bill, and gets nothing back from the vendor. The person says, "What about change?" The vendor says, "Change must come from within."

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Glaistig said...

Where else can I read Dalai Lama jokes? With a "follow on" ending? Nowhere else.

The Falling Leaves sock and finished Mini-clapotis sound lovely.

Too beautiful to wear is the ultimate ironic compliment for a knitter, isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf