.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Friday, September 15, 2006

Revisions

I got a sad call last night. One of my dad’s brothers has died of a heart attack. My parents left last night to go back to their hometown and make the arrangements. I’m sad for my dad. He was in his forties.

My dad is one of seven children. My grandfather and my grandmother are dead, but up until now all of his siblings were living. My dad is the third child, and Uncle Billy was the fourth. He struggled with mental illness the whole of his late teen and adult life. I never had any relationship with him, and I can count on one hand the number of times that we were in a room together. So, I’m not really sad for myself, but I am sad for my dad. He’s lost his brother and that’s a sad thing.
___________________________________________________________________

I decided last night that I really hated the way the Mini-Clapotis that I was making for my mom looked. I’m using a yarn made of recycled sari silk (Mango Moon.) It’s lovely, but it’s also thick and thin, slubby, and overspun in places. It just wasn’t working for Clapotis. So I ripped it. Instead, I’m going to make a skinny stockinette scarf, with little lace details at each end. And if I don’t die from boredom while I knit this then I will consider myself lucky.

4 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, your father, and your family will be in my prayers.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Moni said...

I'm so sorry Jennifer. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your day.

I had reservations on the Mango Moon recycled sari silk yarn. I tried lots of different patterns with it ending up with an afghan. It's a really weird yarn.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Moni said...

oh geez. I meant DAD. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad. sorry about that.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Glaistig said...

My heartfelt condolences to your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf