.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My Brain is Melted

Let’s review my morning, shall we?:

Got up with Stephen (that’s an hour and twenty-five minutes earlier than yesterday.) Go me! + 1. Started the coffee before he was out of the shower. + 1. Paid all of the bills before he was out the door. + 20. Trust me. That last move is definitely worth twenty points. Sent Stephen to work with leftovers for lunch. + 1, with an optional five points still available, 2.5 if he eats all of the leftovers, and 2.5 if he remembers to bring the tupperware home. Put the coffee in the thermos for Stephen. + 1 for being a fantastic, long suffering (ha!) wife. Have trained Stephen to use the back door instead of the (hideous, horrible, needs to be replaced) side door. + 1. In less than two weeks. + 2 more. So far, I’m up 26 points, with the possibility of five more by the day’s end. So far, I’m doing well. This is when it all goes downhill.

As soon as Stephen leaves I pick up my current project (socks for my friend Mike Ball who is turning 60 at the end of next week.) 0 points. I manage to knit and read Knitting Rules (yes, I’ve already read it) while sitting in the big chair by the window. 0 points. I knit and read and drink my morning coffee, all simultaneously. I have to get up. Step in my coffee cup. - 1. I have to get up again. Step in my coffee cup again, this time knocking it over and spilling the remnants of the morning coffee. - 3. Pick up my coffee cup and clean up the spilled coffee. Look at the clock. It’s 7:00. Instead of getting dressed I continue to read and knit. - 1. Look at the clock again five minutes later. Instead of getting dressed I continue to read and knit. - 2. Look at the clock again five minutes later. Instead of getting dressed I continue to read and knit. - 5 since it is now the time that I should be leaving the house. Look at the clock again five minutes later. Instead of getting dressed I continue to read and knit. - 10 since it is now five minutes past the time I should have left the house. Look at the clock again three minutes later. Get up to get dressed. - 1 point for continuing to be slow in the mornings and perpetually behind schedule. Get dressed, brush teeth, wash face (- 3 points for not showering,) get purse, turn on fan and air conditioner, turn off lights, check to make sure doors are locked, leave. - 10 points for leaving at the same time I should already be at work. Get to work. I am the first one in. 0 points. I am a wee bit late. - 5 more points.

Total for my morning? - 15. Still, it could be worse. Stephen still might come through for me and bring home the tupperware.

Lastly, I just want to thank the Yarn Harlot, whose Knitting Rules book has given me the confidence that I can knit Mike Ball a pair of socks without having a pattern. I’m using a very simple, spiral around the leg, stitch pattern that I thought of (out of my own head, amazing, isn’t it? You won’t think so when I post pictures.) I think they’re going to be good socks. I’m also thinking about making extra sturdy heels, and toes if I can figure out how.

1 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephen? Forget the tupperware? Surely not!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf