.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Friday, September 08, 2006

Final Tally and Other Things

I’m sure that you’re all dying to know whether Stephen ate the leftovers and brought home the tupperware. Yes, he did eat the leftovers (2.5 points) but he forgot the tupperware (0 points.) What does that bring my grand total to? Right. -12.5 for the morning. Oh well.

Glaistig asked a few questions in the comments to my post on my Granny Walker. No, I was not born in Oklahoma. When my grandmother was 16 and just married (making my Granny 36 or so) my great grandfather moved to Washington to find work and my Granny, my grandmother and great uncles moved to Washington to join him. My mom was born here in Washington (in 1956 (sorry mom)) and I was also born here in Washington. Yep, born and raised in Washington, although not born and raised in Spokane. My parents both grew up in Aberdeen (on the coast) and that’s where I was born too. Finally, yes, the two headed doll is a vintage flip over doll. Basically, she’s reversible (I will have to post a picture.) I love that doll.

Anyway, on the homefront I have good news and bad news. Good news: Stephen is getting some fresh hops from a woman who got them from a guy who apparently grew them in his back yard out in the Spokane Valley. They are Cascade hops and I have no idea where we’re going to hang them to dry. This is very good news for our brewing ambitions. Bad news: the fucking stereo receiver thingy up and died last night. Fuck, fuck, fuckity, fuck, fuck. It simply won’t turn on anymore. You press the power button, it turns on, starts going through its set up routine, and then abruptly stops and shuts itself off a third of the way through the routine. And the fucking thing is only a year old. A year old this week. Stephen is taking it into where we bought it today. I have no idea what they will say. I just want someone to fucking fix it, at no cost to me.

On the knitting front, I have turned the heel on Mike’s first sock, and am working away on the foot. I have to admit that not much progress was made last night, but I plan to work on it over the weekend, etc., etc. Also this weekend I plan to pickle anything in my house that can be pickled, including (but not necessarily limited to): cucumbers, carrots, beets, and green beans. I’m also hoping to make and can some tomato sauce soon. I have tomatoes, I have a great homemade sauce recipe, it should work out great.

Lastly, I am completely overwhelmed.

1 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Glaistig said...

Thanks for the background update.

Sorry about the dead stereo. (I must say I found your use of the word "fuck" strangely satisfying. I think I am in the same mental funk -- but, sadly, about nothing in particular. . . . ) Maybe the stereo problem is something that can be easily fixed - like replacing a worn out part.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf