.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Monday, March 27, 2006

Weekend Update and More Manly

































Well it was a long weekend. Long and fun. Kevin and Emily brought us some Fantastic wine, which can be purchased here. All of them were really quite good. We had a pinot gris, a dessert riesling, a syrah, two pinot noirs and a cabernet franc. That's the one wine bottle in the photo above. That one got me drunk lickety split. Within a half an hour I was slurring my words and talking about things that no one cares about. Has that ever happened to you? (okay, I've just been informed that everyone cared about what I was talking about and that I didn't actually slur my words but instead spoke veeerryyy ssssllloowwlly.)

But this is a knitting blog, right? Above are pictures of my progress on Manly. I know, I know. It's going pitifully slow. I haven't been knitting as much as I would like lately. Instead I've been reading (just finished The Lovely Bones, first chapter still gives me nightmares), cooking (lamb chops with green beans most recently) and puzzling (sodoku is addictive!) But nothing compares to the knitting. (But I must confess I watched an entire movie last night without knitting.) I solemnly swear to do better.

Also, BIG NEWS: I picked up the last skein of brown sheep company lamb's pride in oatmeal today from the yarn store. So I'm totally ready to kick this sweater's ass.

BIGGER NEWS: it is my great pleasure to announce the arrival of Willow Hope, my newest niece, Friday, March 24, 3:00 a.m., 6 lb. 9 oz. And possessing a full head of dark wavy hair. I haven't seen her yet but the mother and grandmother assure me that she is adorable, sweet and perfect in every way, with the exception that she keeps her mother up all night. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf