.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

(Less Than) 100 Things About Me

In lieu of doing an "about me" section here I've decided to do "100 things about me" except I think I'm going to be adding the things in several posts. Because I'm lazy like that. Or something. So, here it goes, the first 20 things about me:

1. I skipped 5th grade
2. I am married to Stephen
3. I have three cats and a dog
4. My dog, Leah, is a chow chow black lab mix and she is like my child
5. One of my cats, Prussia, likes to lick people, all people, on any exposed bit of flesh
6. My maternal grandmother taught me to crochet when I was 9
7. I started attending community college when I was 15
8. I taught myself to knit the first time when I was about 15 or 16. I hated it.
9. I embroider, sew, cross stitch and quilt (all by hand)
10. I am five feet and three-quarter inches tall
11. I am taller than my mother and grandmother but shorter than my sister
12. I taught myself to knit for the second time in the winter of 2004
13. Over teh course of the next 7 months I knit a lace "shawl" from a 1970's Bernat's pattern book made from a fuzzy chenille yarn called "snowflake." I didn't swatch or check my gauge. I ran out of yarn halfway through and had to choose a different color because of course the yarn store was out of the color I had been using. Now we use the "shawl" as a blanket.
14. I played basketball, volleyball and was a cheerleader in high school
15. I was the valedictorian of my senior class in high school-- in a graduating class of seven (including me)
16. I have an old black and white picture of my maternal grandmother when she was 26 and preganant with my mother in which she looks so much like me (or vice versa) that the first time I saw it I thought it was me
17. I often switch sides in the middle of an argument
18. When I was growing up people often told me that I should become a lawyer
19. I am a lawyer
20. I have terrible handwriting and sometimes even I can't read what I've written

So, there you go. The first installment. Stay tuned for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf