.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Turkey Noodle Soup 1/8/05

Okay, so today I made turkey noodle soup with homemade turkey stock and homemade herb noodles. I used the stock that I made from the New Year's Day turkey. I made the noodles from scratch too. After consulting several cookbooks and finding that each of them had the exact same recipe, I made the noodles using two cups of all purpose flour, two large eggs, a 1/4 c. of water, and a tablespoon of canola oil, and a handful (maybe half a cup) of chopped fresh chives. I added these to the turkey stock in addition to two small carrots, chopped, one bell pepper, chopped, one celery stock, chopped and two scallions, chopped. I cooked the vegetables until just tender and the noodles until they were al dente and then added them to the stock. It was really tasty. I had diluted the turkey stock with 3/4 c. of water so the soup was just the right amount of salty. The noodles were chewy and delicious. I managed to roll them out to just the right thickness (1/16 of an inch) which was still pretty thick for a noodle. It was just really, really good. I've been inspired. I'm going to make homemade pasta much more often, and next time I'm going to use at least part wheat four, because then it will be even more chewy. I really enjoyed the chewiness of the noodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf