.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I am a bad, neglectful blogger who is trying to do better. So here I am. I am badly in need of a digital camera to make this worthwhile for those out here who might actually read this.

So, on to me. It is all about me, since this is a blog, possibly the most self centered format for self expression possible. Not only is it all about me but it's also out there so that others can read all about me. As if any of you will be interested. But, of course, that's what I'm banking on.

So, who am I? I am empty space. Or something like that. Mainly, I'm a 20-something woman living in an impossibly boring city obscenely close to Idaho (but still in Washington state, but no, it's not Seattle. Seattle is not boring. Seattle is six hours from Idaho. Seattle has the sound and rain. Where I am, there is rarely ever any rain. I love the rain. I love it even more after five years without it.) I'm too young to really enjoy or even feel comfortable in my chosen occupation and I only sometimes grudgingly enjoy living in this, my chosen city.

So what's a girl to do? Why, she gets some serious hobbies. At the moment I'm totally in complete infatuation with my newest hobby: knitting. I love knitting. I love the yarn, I love the needles. I don't love the price of the yarn but the job that I'm mostly uncomfortable in and the price of housing in the city that I only occasionally grudgingly enjoy living in allows me to afford a serious amount of good yarn. Even at retail prices. Mostly, I love working with my hands. Creating something from scratch.

That brings me to my other, companion, love. Learning to spin. I would say spinning but I can't really honestly call what I'm doing now spinning. But I have some ideas on how to improve my spinning (other than simply practicing) which I plan to implement. (Isn't "implement" a great word? It's precise. And easy on the ears.) I will let you all know how that goes.

Anyway, so that's all for now. I have to save something for my June post, after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf