.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bettie's Lace Stockings: Finished




Pattern: Bettie's Lace Stockings from the Spring IK
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill in Pink
Needles: Size 1 dpn's and Size 3 dpn's

I knit these kind of as written on the first sock but realized 3/4 of the way up the leg that I needed to switch to a much larger needle size. Then I realized, once I cast off, that I needed to do that much sooner than I had. So, on the second stocking I switched to size three needles when I started the wide lace pattern. I knit thirteen total repeats of the wide lace pattern before working the cast off rows as written. Then I ripped down the first stocking and reknit it the same way. These stockings fit me perfectly. I wore them a couple of days ago. The only problem is that they do fall down once you wear them around a bit so I need to invest in some ribbon to act as a garter. If that doesn't work then I will sew some elastic in at the top. I really enjoyed making these. The lace pattern is easily memorized and not terribly fiddly. I also love this yarn. It is a really beautiful color and it shows the lace well because it's a solid.

I ordered some Socks that Rock lightweight in the colourway "love" a few weeks ago and I've been itching to use it. I just love the pink and red stripey-ness. First I cast on the baroque. This was a BAD idea. The twisted stitches and cables were completely lost in the yarn. So, I frogged it. While noodling around on ravelry I saw some Herringbone Rib Socks from the Winter IK (their book insert) and I loved them. This pattern is perfect for a multi-colored yarn. So I cast on and:



It's a very good fit between pattern and yarn. So far, I really like this pattern. It's simple. There are only two rows to memorize. The second row is slightly fiddly but not too bad. I like it.

1 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger Danielle Kot said...

Hi, I'm having a problem with the Bettie's lace stockings. I don't really understand this part insert left needle under all 4 yo loops from front to back and (k1,yo,k1) into them. But there are 4 loops? So im really confused. Please please help me out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf