.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Monday, January 01, 2007

Out of the Woods

I'm a human again. Instead of a sweating, snotting, coughing, whining, overheated alien. I both got dressed this morning, and brushed my hair. And showered. Happy day. The only lingering symptoms of my flu is that I have lost my voice (I can't really complain about that) and I am leaking snot like a sieve. Unfortunately I haven't been getting much knitting done since I've been sick. I did pick up my knitting yesterday and set it on my lap for about an hour. I even went so far as to take the point protector off of one needle. But I really couldn't knit. It just wasn't in me. And that's probably a good thing. I can only imagine what would happen if I knit on an empty stomach with 101 degree fever. I did manage to stay up until midnight, and then promptly went to bed. Since I was sick, Stephen and I decided to save the bottle of champagne for another night.

So far today I have already: dressed myself, showered, brushed my hair (quite an ordeal,) filled the dishwasher and turned it on, gone to the grocery store and sat down to blog. I'm doing pretty well. Pretty soon here I plan to bake some muffins in the new silicone baking vessels that my parent's got me for Christmas. I plan to make huckleberry-lemon.

Okay, I know that you are all wondering what knitterly things I got for Christmas. Well, I have to say that I did pretty well:

My mom gave me a little book of knitting patterns. Cute!
Stephen gave me: a skein of handmaiden sea silk (be still my heart,) Victorian Lace Today (beautiful!,) and Knitting Without Tears by Elizabeth Zimmerman (my first Zimmerman book.)
Our friend Emily gave me Folk Mittens

I can't complain at all this year. In addition, Stephen got me the America's Test Kitchen Cookbook. I love it and already made dinner from it a couple of nights ago. In addition, we have heard again from the Alaska contingent and my MIL reports that she loves her Backyard Leaves Scarf and gets compliments on it wherever she wears it. My FIL's socks fit him (and he likes them) and my SIL likes her scarf as well. I haven't heard about the Fuzzy Feet yet, but I will assume that they are appreciated.

I have worked through the first skein of yarn on Ene's scarf, and the first repeat of the center chart. Hopefully I will make some progress on it today. If everything progresses well and I don't wear myself out, I plan to take pictures of my christmas yarn, books and Ene's Scarf and post them.

1 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Glaistig said...

Take your time getting better! I'm starting to get scared since lots of people online and off have been dropping like flies. (Hmm, maybe it's time to up my beer intake as a precaution.) You might knit up some crazy Baudelaire-inspired hallucinated stuff during a 101 degree fever. Who knows!

Great Knitterly Christmas gifts! I've liked every Ene's Scarf that I've seen online so far. I can't wait to see yours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf