.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Kew-- Finished!

In a burst of stamina, I finished up Kew last night. After I had kitchenered the last toe shut, I tried it on. It's still a tad loose for my liking, but not as bad as I remember it. And I have to remember that my mom has wider feet than I. I'm hoping that makes up for any looseness in the sizing.

Now, I just have to decide which Christmas project to tackle next. I have already started my BIL's Fuzzy Feet so this would be the next logical project. However, it's plain stockinette around and around and around so it's not really exciting me at the moment. In addition, I may not finish my list in time for Christmas, so if someone has to get a late present then I don't think he'll be terribly disappointed. Plus I still have to buy yarn to actually finish the Fuzzy Feet. So, I think my next project is going to be Norberta. It's inspiring (dragon! Cute!) and it's for my nephew, who probably would be disappointed if his Christmas present was late (of course, there's also the possibility that he won't even notice, but I like to think that he likes the knits I gift him.) Plus, in order to make stuffed knits look good, I like to knit all the pieces, block all the pieces, then sew and stuff. Otherwise you never get to block because you can't block once you've stuffed.

I've also made some changes to the Christmas list. It now looks like this:

BIL: Fuzzy Feet
Nephew: Norberta
Kevin: Hop Pillow
Emily: Center Square
Lori: Center Square

Yep. I'm making fair isle hats for Lori and Emily. I bought the yarn when I was out on Saturday. It's all Cascade, but different wool blends. At this point I can't remember exactly what I purchased, except I know that I bought (I think) two skeins of Cascade 220, one skein of Cascade Quattro, and one skein of some other Cascade yarn. I picked them on the basis of color and wool content. Emily's hat will be in a yellowish green (mc) with yellow (cc) and Lori's hat will be in a pinkish purple (mc) with dark mauve (cc). I hope that: 1. these colors work together (I am not the best person to pick out colors. In fact, I have demonstrated in the past that I kind of suck at it.) 2. that I bought enough yarn. Crossing my fingers over here; 3. that I finish them in time and 4. that the recipients genuinely like them.

2 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Annie said...

I'm starting to panic a bit on my knitted gift list... my in-laws are coming from the UK on Sat, and then we're all headed to the Cape on Tuesday to spend the rest of the holiday at my parent's house... but of course I am knitting for all these people... so I guess I just won't let anyone look closely at what I'm making, and if they get a sneak peek, so be it!

I LOVE Norberta! I can't wait to see how yours turns out!!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Glaistig said...

I've never used the Cascade Quattro. Let us know what you think about it.

I'm sending positive thoughts your way that everything get finished when you want for Christmas. I bet the Kew will work out fine for your Mother. The Norberta pattern is so adorable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf