.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My Life as a Limerick

I’m having a hard time today getting a post out. First, I wanted to write about how much my work life has sucked over the past year, but after I had written three and a half pages I decided that I really didn’t want to let it all out like that. Then I thought I would write about my current project but my heart wasn’t in it. Now I’m thinking that maybe I should give you the Cliff Notes version of both of those posts. Something like: 26 sucked, I hated going to work, recently I’ve started hating work slightly less, I’m making my mom a Mini-Clapotis. How’s that? You would like a little more insight, perhaps in rhyming form? Okay, how about this:

There once was a girl named jennifer
who was sorely in need of a mentor
instead she found
after looking around
what she sought could be found in her center

A little too new-age-y for you? And perhaps a little trite? I agree. It is a little trite. Really, I’ve just decided that digging my own grave is counter-productive so I’m going to work on not doing that anymore. I still do that sometimes but I’m working on doing it less, and occasionally even filling in the grave that I’ve already started to dig a tad. Maybe even pull myself up out of the hole and only jump back in it when I really need a little time to wrap my head around things, you know?

I am making my mom a Mini-Clapotis in Lorna’s Laces, Shepherd’s Sock Worsted, colorway: Bittersweet. It should look smashing. The color is my mom to a T, and she has told me more than once how much she loves my Mini-Clapotis so I know that she will love this. I’m loving the yarn too. It is soft and smooth and very prettily died. I will say that it is very loosely spun and plied, but I think that actually adds to the soft texture and nice feel of the yarn. Oh, and my measurement of the Column of Leaves Scarf, shows it to be about 66" long, and more than 6.5" wide. A good blocking, with pins, really helped it to open up.

I can’t believe that I’m 27. It’s not that I feel old, exactly, it’s that I’ve reached an age that I never really imagined myself being. I’m also not the person that I thought I would be, in a lot of ways. But I think that happens to everyone. We all change all the time and daily life has a way of changing you: of grinding you down a bit and forcing you into a mold in a way that you never thought possible. I’m not saying this is a bad thing, I’m just observing that it is true. We all do what we have to. We all change whether we want to or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf