.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Monday, October 30, 2006

A Little Bit of the Random

I frogged the padded footlet. Last night I was knitting on it and I thought about the fact that after I finished that footlet I would have to knit another, and I knew that I couldn’t do it. The double stranded sole was so stiff that it hurt my hands and arms all the way up to my elbows to knit it. So I frogged it. I think I will probably try it again, with a much thinner, flimsier yarn. I did email IK to tell them about the mistake in the pattern, and I got an email back, and I emailed them again. I will let you know what happens there.

Somebody may have stolen a check out of the mail. I sent off the truck payment last week and then, today, I got back the ripped envelope from the post office. So, either a postal employee stole the check or it was shredded in the machine that ripped open the envelope. Obviously, I’m hoping for the latter. Stephen called the bank at lunch and found out that it will cost us $30.00 to stop payment on the check. Assholes. So, not only did we have to call and make a late payment on the truck, plus pay an additional $8.00 fee since we had to use the check-writing service, we also have to watch Stephen’s account very closely for the next few weeks to make sure that no one is out there posing as him. And no, we can’t just close the account. We have outstanding checks out there in the ether, and the house payment is automatically deducted from his account every month. Resetting everything would be a huge pain in the ass.

I started one of the Perdita bracelets last night using embroidery thread from my stash. It’s lovely. I ran out of thread before I was done, but I will be finishing it later this week.

That’s all for now.

4 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I frogged the padded footlet."

Isn't this a line from Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll?

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger brewerburns said...

No.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Moni said...

oh no! I hope all is okay with the missing check. I know how *that* feels. ugh.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger brewerburns said...

We don't know yet about the check. Our plan is just to keep a very vigilant watch on Stephen's account for the next few weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf