.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Random Thursday

It’s a random day today. Seriously, I feel like my brain is fried. In the above pictures you can see:

My new shoes. Aren’t they pretty?
A skein of Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock waiting to be wound into a ball, and
The Flower Basket Shawl

On the shoes: I bought them at a thrift store with my mother in law this last weekend. I think they’re incredibly cute. They make my feet feel pretty.

On the yarn: Stephen’s supervisor and his wife had a baby a week ago last Saturday. (Congratulations Marshall and Yoko!) So I’m making baby socks for him. And then another guy who works with Stephen quite often, Joe, also had a baby just recently here. A little girl. I’ll probably make some socks for her as well.

On the Shawl: she keeps growing. It’s actually going pretty swiftly now. I’m into the eleventh or twelfth repeat and even though the rows keep getting longer, I’m remembering the pattern much better, so they’re flying by. I’ve even transferred it to circular needles because it had outgrown my straights. Good times.

Well, that’s all for now. I did go to a tapping contest last night. If you don’t know what that is, tune in tomorrow. I hope to get my post up about it. Oh! Last night I got up on the bar at O’Doherty’s here in town and sang Row, Row, Row Your Boat with a group of slightly shnockered young water professionals. I’ve always wanted to do that. And now I get half off my first drink for life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf