.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Monday, May 01, 2006

Of Girly Squares, Prehistoric Mammals and Bill Gates

Alright. So I'm back to blogging. My laptop has been wiped clean and everything reinstalled. Talk about a pain in the ass. Stephen spent ten hours yesterday backing up our files, wiping the computer clean and reinstalling windows. What a crappy way to spend Sunday.

But the important thing is that I can again bring you wonderful pictures from my knitting and cooking world (as well as access my email.)

I finished four squares for Warming Grace and sent them off on Friday. I think they turned out pretty well. And by pretty well I mean that I like them and they, for the most part, meet the specifications for the project. Close enough for government work, anyway.

Once I had finished the squares I moved onto my next must do project. Nautie from Knitty. I used the rest of the pink baby ull that I was using for the squares and knocked it out over the course of the weekend. I like the pattern, the yarn, and the end result. If I were to make the pattern again though (and I will be, soon) I will be making a few changes. First, I will use the "make one" increase, instead of the "backwards loop" increase that the pattern author suggests. Actually, I did that with this current Nautie anyway. That's the main one. I will also be using two different colors of yarn for the "shell" portion and the "head" portion. Let's just say that my Nautie, even with it's tentacles and eyes still reminds of a certain portion of the male anatomy. Yes, it looks just a tad like a cock. (Hi, mom!) Anyway, that's all I've got for now. But tomorrow. Oh tomorrow....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf