.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Brewer Burns

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Squares for Grace (and Lawn Maintenance)

So these are my squares for Warming Grace. They’re all a little wonky and curly right now. But it’s pre-blocking. It will block out. I’m sure.

Speaking of blocking, I finally located and bought the yarn harlot’s new book, Knitting Rules, last week. I finished it over the weekend and I really liked it. It gave lots of good tips on simple projects, or more accurately, it simplified many different kinds of knitting projects, from hats to shawls. And it’s funny. What could be better?

There hasn’t been a lot of knitting around here the last couple of days. Mainly because instead me and stephen have been working in the yard. This is a new thing for us. We’ve owned our house for 2 ½ years now but up until this year we’ve pretty much let the lawn “go back to nature,” which, in Spokane, means “dry up and turn into a dust bowl.” I’m convinced the only reason we don’t need to resod already is because we have trees back and front that have provided enough shade to keep the grass from giving up completely. So. Yeah. Yard work. Sigh. Our neighbors must hate us.

1 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The squares look tremendous! You have to email me so I can get your name and your link up on my blog!

cynicked@sympatico.ca

I have to give you my snail mail addi too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

<< *.* >>
RingSurf